Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Pictures that give back

Isn't it nice to come across those wrestling pictures that make you go bing bing bing! Like this one did for me. I added the captions. It almost looks like Anthony Perkins looking at the two guys wrestling, doesn't it. In addition to stealing wrestling books from the library when they were younger, or cutting out the wrestling pictures, people have told me that they would see wrestling books with guys putting bubble captions on the pictures of what they'd like to see the wrestlers saying to each other. I hope to come upon a few of those for the film. If you find any of those, let me know. I already had someone find a wrestling book at a college library with the pictures cut out.

Old wrestling books are also rare to find too, which is why they sell well on ebay. Go to a used bookstore and look (I know you have already). Maybe you'll find a few glossy WWE books, but those get pushed aside quickly don't they. There's nothing like a good old 1960's or '70s amateur wrestling book with, ok, where is the page with the body scissor or fig-4 head scissor? Heart beating, pages turning, there it is! Ahhhhhhhh, niceeee.

Vic

No comments: