Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Time Won't Give Me Time

Well, it's been over two months since I wrote a blog entry. As you may already know, finalizing the STRONGHOLD documentary has kept me very busy. At about Christmas time, the film clocked in at 2 hours and 40 minutes. This is great if you like wrestling, but film festivals and TV would rather have a more condensed version. So for the past several weeks I have painstakingly removed, shorted, reincorporated, and rewritten a few pieces to bring it to 2 hours and 5 minutes. This is the length of Michael Moore's Sicko and Fahernheit 911.

Now I am beginning to air the film to test audiences. Just last week I watched it with my non-gay, non-wrestler roommate. I paced the kitchen out of his view while he watched it intently. Next I will pick about five wrestlers to watch it, and then some more non-wrestler, but interested men.

If you want to see one of the new trailers for the documentary, go to wrestlingfilm.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vic,
Will there be a full version available once you release it to the world?

I am at the edge of seat waiting for this documentary ;).

-J

Victor said...

There will be the full documentary, and then there will be another DVD of the hour or so of stuff that I did not put into the main documentary, stuff that is edited and VERY interesting, but I did not have room to fit into the main film. I am glad you are on the edge of your seat. Slide over a foot and I may scissor you.

Vic