Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

STRONGHOLD Documentary Exceeds Two Hours


Today, for the first time, I took all of the edited and semi-edited pieces that will make up the STRONGHOLD wrestling documentary and put them on the timeline together to get a good feel for the flow and length. As you may know, I have been filming and editing this documentary since April 2004. Yeah, it's been four long years in the making. Padding space for some yet unedited pieces, it came to a whopping 2 1/2 hours long! And I know I have probably forgotten a clip here or there.

So this is good thing, because I can finally for the first time sit down and watch it from the great opening scene to the ending. It also forces me to trim and shorten pieces, get to the point, and make use of some of the ideas that I've had since the beginning. I want the documentary to not only be about what I discovered about wrestling, but also the journey in making it. My goal is to keep it under 2 hours, but if it keeps a good pace and stays interesting, I wouldn't mind a 2:10 documentary. There's a lot to talk about!

Whatever the final length, there will ultimately be A LOT of good stuff to fit on the Extras DVD of the 2-disc set. For now, it's back to editing! Vic

No comments: